What is an update?
Any add-on/product built for PrestaShop is generally upgraded to adjust to different software versions or to meet users’ various needs. These improvements result in updates to the product by Rock POS developers.
Therefore, developers of Rock POS can and will:
- Fix bugs or security bugs that customers have encountered; these are considered minor updates.
- Add new features batched together; these are considered major updates.
How do I take advantage of the updates?
The conditions for accessing updates are as follows:
- You have a valid Advanced Support Option: you have access to all product updates.
- In all other cases, you only have access to minor updates (bug corrections or security updates).
Advanced Support Option is extended support for Rock POS and includes both support and updates for the product concerned. The advanced option includes two services:
- Unlimited after-sales support during the period covered by the option.
- Access to all Rock POS updates.
Advanced Support Options are available when purchasing Rock POS; you can also buy or extend it in your customer account after buying the product.
What does Advanced Support include?
The following are included in Advanced Support:
- Answering questions about using Rock POS.
- Solving technical problems related to Rock POS.
- No extra cost when updating to new versions.
The following services are not included in Advanced Support:
- Customization and specific development.
- Installing Rock POS.
- Solving problems concerning third-party services, hosting, the server, or the PrestaShop software.
What is the difference between Advanced Support and Essential Support?
Essential Support is available for each time Rock POS is purchased. It includes technical support and access to product updates. Essential Support is free, however, it cannot be combined with Advanced Support during the first-time purchase and only effective for a period of 180 days (6 months) after purchasing the product. At the end of this period, only minor updates (bug fixes and security updates) remain available.
Advanced Support, however, is a paid service in addition to Essential Support. It includes an extension of technical support up to 24 months after the date of purchase of the advanced support option and also give access to all its updates (both minor and major updates).
How much does Advanced Support cost?
Currently available options for Advanced Support:
- 12-month option: $75 (product’s price excluded).
- 24-month option: $135 (product’s price excluded).
Lifetime deal for $299
You only have to buy Rock POS one time and it's yours. If you consider not to buy the Advanced Support Option, don’t worry, we have got your back, you will have 6 months free (Essential Support) for the first time you purchase Rock POS. At the end of the Essential Support, you can purchase the 12 or 24 months options for Advanced Support at any time.