This section allows you to set up options related to products, including:
- Enable for sale
- Multiple languages
- Autocomplete search
- Default search criteria
- Default categories
- Product name length
- Images in shopping cart
- Image on search bar
- Product note
- Index products
Get to Products setup
From the Back Office > RockPOS > Manage > Setup > Products
Enable for sale
You can choose which products are available for sale based on their:
- Status: products with status “Active” and “In stock” are set as default for sale, which means products with these 2 statuses will be able to be added to the shopping cart. Also, you can enable for selling out-of-stock or inactive products. These two statuses are ideally suitable for pre-order when that specific product is currently out of stock or inactive (not available at the moment), but will be updated soon or later.
- Visibility setup: when you create products in PrestaShop back office, you have a choice of choosing where products will be shown (Everywhere, the Catalogue only, Search only or Nowhere). Hence, in RockPOS, you also have these visibility statuses to show products in the Sell page and they are able to be added to the shopping cart.
This is a very useful setting if you’re located in a country that has more than 1 official language. It allows you to display product name in different languages (in the shopping cart, receipt, invoice, etc.). Just need a few steps to set it up:
- Make sure you add multi-languages in your Back Office
- In your Back Office, go to Catalog > Products
- Click to edit a product
- Set product name in different languages (eg: English, French and Spanish) then Save
5. Go to RockPOS > Manage > Set up > Products
6. At “Multiple languages” section, choose languages you want to display (In this case are English, French and Spanish)
7. Make sure you log in with the account that using 1 of the 3 languages above
8. From Back Office > RockPOS > Sell > Add the product with name edited to cart and you’ll see the product name is showed in 3 different languages.
This setting allows you to choose which information of products is showed in the list of the found product when you search as well as when you add a product to the shopping cart.
There are 5 types of information to be displayed:
- Price (New from version 4.2.3)
You can check/uncheck to dislay/hide information. Except from Name, you can uncheck types left.
Set up in the Manage page:
To show in the Sell page:
and in shopping cart
Default search criteria
In the Search bar, type any keyword(s) to get the list of related products. You can select default search criteria, for example, if you find it easier to search a product by its name, set the default to ''Name'', this will save a lot of time. And of course, you can switch to other criteria in the Sell page if necessary.
In the Manage page, select "Name"
and go to the Sell page:
This setting lets you display products under the specified category by default. All products of selected categories will be listed when we open the Sell page. This is for easier and faster product picking.
By default, products in category "Home" are selected.
You can find categories name to add it to the list default categories.
And in the Sell page, products in Home are displayed:
Product name length
This setting helps you display the number character of product name to show in the Sell page. By defautl, we set it 10, but you can change any time.
In the Manage page:
In the Sell page
Images in shopping cart
In Manage page, enable this option:
To show in the Sell page:
You can disable to not show product image in the cart.
Images in the search list
You can choose whether or not to display product image in searching process.
In the Manage page, you enable the option:
In the Sell page, you type keywords:
In some cases, you add discount for your customer because your product is broken, or old,.... And you need to note why it is discounted. This feature helps you to do that.
To enable/disable, set it up in Manage page:
You will see a button to add note for products in the Sell page. Click it to open a popup to enter note:
To display note of products in the receipt, set it up when you set up a receipt format:
This is the very important configuration that you need to do whenever you have products added (or edited) including when you first install RockPOS (because products created in PrestaShop are marked as new to RockPOS).
You can index for each shop if you are owning multistore.
- Auto indexing: Automatically index products whenever changes are made. Disable it if you prefer indexing manually.
- Add missing products to the index: Adding newly added products to your system (RECOMMENDED! You can use this instead of “auto-indexing” if you don’t want the system keep updating whenever there’s a change as it can slow down the whole system).
- Re-build the entire index: Re-index ALL products, including current products and newly added products (it is useful when you have new products added as well as you make changes to current products)
**Please note that all products need to be indexed so that you can search them in the Sell page.